Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. Apart from helping to deal with poor nutrition and emotional imbalances, holistic therapies help to treat the physical and psychological issues brought on by addiction.
A recovering drug user may be experiencing lack of sleep, emotional problems and many other problems that can be treated using holistic therapy. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Some of the primary objectives of holistic therapy include the following
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Some of the main therapies include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- The human body needs proper nutrition so as to be able to recover well and this can allow the recovering users to start on a strong base.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- Clear-headed patients are more successful in overcoming addiction.
- Supervised meditation is an integral section of most holistic plans for addiction treatment.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Acupuncture And Massage Therapy
- Holistic treatment therapies often use methods of relieving stress and relaxing the body and massage is known to be a great stress reliever.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Supervision by clinical personnel is still important when trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms caused by giving up alcohol and other depressants.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medical attention
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapse can sometimes be easily avoided if a person knows how to deal with emotional problems.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
We can help you to find a treatment centre that offers what you need so give us a call today on 0800 772 3971.