Defining Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies have a hands-on approach and utilise a number of engaging activities, which can help recovering addicts to process and cope with past trauma.
Conventional therapy settings may not be enough to get some recovering drug users to open up. In experimential therapy, the patient is instead taken to a place in which they may feel more comfortable.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Usual exploratory treatments involve
- Mountain climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Music based therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure therapy
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. With the help of experimential therapy, a recovering addict can begin to understand how these issues can be faced without returning to drugs as an escape route.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Dependency With Experimential Therapy
Addicts may need real challenges to defeat their issues, and that is what activities like climbing give them through the use of their whole physical strength. Experimential therapy can instruct recouping addicts how to adapt to ordinary stressors like desires and substance mishandle triggers.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. Curing such conditions together with dependency could aid in diminishing psychological wellness connected pressure and provocations, decreasing the possibility of setback.
Experimential Therapy And Methods
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Other Cures And Experimential Treatment
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. These exercises permit recuperating addicts to apply the life aptitudes they're educated amid psychotherapy sessions in pragmatic, hands-on situations.
Since withdrawal from many medications causes uncomfortable or even hazardous side effects, it's essential to start any treatment program with a therapeutic detox. Both inpatient and outpatient recuperation projects can treat withdrawal side effects amid detox. After this, few therapies might be utilized as a part of conjunction with experimential therapy to legitimately treat the individual in recuperation.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Experimential Therapy Usually Includes
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, biking, white-water rafting and rock climbing are part of this therapy.
- Providing addicts an opportunity to develop personal responsibility, communication skills and the skills to solve problems while working within a group setting is the objective of adventure therapy and addicts receives the help that is required to achieve the ends.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Get The Full Treatment You Need
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Some centres for drug rehab specialise in experimential therapies with obstacle courses, rock climbing walls and art studios within their premises. Treatment focuses the nation over have the medicinal and helpful assets you have to defeat sedate dependence call us on 0800 772 3971.