Receive Dependency Therapy
There are multiple therapies available depending on the kind of addiction you are suffering from, you can as well get help on how to boost your wellness and maintain your drug free state. Any person in pain from a drug or alcohol addiction understands how strong and crippling this disease can be. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Contact us now on 0800 772 3971 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
Check-up log and your personal therapy scheme can be arranged by the therapist to enhance your recovery. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
- Offering unbiased help for individuals undertaking a therapy program.
- Carry out on one to one therapy assessment sessions to identify cause of addiction.
- Conduct regular drug tests.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Being a good listener and having a general behaviour of empathy are some qualities that your counsellor should have.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Good counselling also involves future focus diagnosis therapy and suggested treatment procedure of recurring psychological disorders. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Relying on the therapy centre, these may contain
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- They will have the ability to regulate their biological activities as they are taught how to control the use of the brain as they want.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- A therapist can assist an abuser to discover stimulants that inspires addiction and also devise ways of treating it, this can be achieved using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- What triggers the addiction can be understood by making the addict relax, that's what these plans are all about.
- Holistic Treatment
- Thorough treatment program enable patients to conduct self-examination by themselves thereby understanding how to adapt with their situation, regarding the traditional therapy measure.
- Expressing their feelings become more convenient for former addicts who find it difficult to express them before.
- If you're looking for different holistic therapy techniques for addiction treatment, identify a suitable form from yoga, art, equine therapy.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why Do I Need Counselling For Dependency
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.