The Misuse Of Drugs In Higher Institutions
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
Many people that abuse drugs are young people that are still in school especially in the higher institutions.
These college students are the population ages 18-24 who were exposed to greater chances of addiction.
Many students experience social anxiety when they enter college. The temptation to consume alcohol is strong primarily because students overwhelmingly believe that alcohol makes it easier for them to socialise. Not every student within the college begins to binge drink or to abuse drugs immediately, but it is the problem of having drinks routinely to have some additional fun, which leads many students towards an addiction.
Students who are attending college in a full-time college program are twice as likely to fall prey to this problem than the students who do not attend college.
Why College Students Turn To Drug Use
There are many reasons why so many college students become addicted to drugs and alcohol
- There are many activities in colleges such as internships, exams and social life that can exert some pressure to students causing them to resort to using drugs.
- Course Work
- The pressure to complete their assignments within the due dates leads more students to begin taking stimulants such as Adderall, which can help them to stay awake late at night for the studies.
- These prescription medications are usually obtained without a legitimate prescription in most cases.
- From a personal and professional perspective, pupils are placed before new phases of their lives.
- They will thus be curious to try out some things such as drugs and alcohol.
- Influence From Others
- Many pupils will be lured to experiment drugs because they live in an environment where peers are constantly trying recreational and boasting drugs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Eating Abnormalities And Dieting Pills In College
Unhealthy eating behaviours are more likely to form among college pupils.
As a matter of data suggests that one in every four students have an eating disorder. A report revealed that the number of both males and females having unhealthy eating behaviours has increased by far in the past twenty years. Desperate to lose weight, a large number of students resort to diet pills to achieve their weight loss goals. Indiscriminate use of diet pills can have severe health consequences. Get more info about unhealthy eating behaviours and diet tablets overuse on college campuses.
College Drug Choices
Many new drugs are being introduced in the campuses every.
A few substances, however, have been abused constantly by college students. Some of them are
- The consumption of alcohol is perhaps one of the most common substance-related problems on college campuses because a vast majority choose alcohol.
- It is hard to classify heavy drinking as an abuse because alcohol is socially accepted.
- Another form of drug that is used mostly in colleges is Adderall because many students believe that it keeps them awake and they can concentrate on their studies.
- In many states, Marijuana is now legal and that's why its use among college students is rising.
- Other states even have campuses tallying increased use of cannabis as opposed to alcohol.
- Ecstasy which became popular during the 90s is presently making a resurgence during the past few years in its pure form and is known as MDMA or Molly.
- Party drugs are most popular with people who are in their late teens or 20s, and as most college students fall into this age-bracket, recreational drugs are popular among them.
- One of the most common party drugs is MDMA.
Alcohol And The Impact On College Students
The most hazardous drug found in college campuses is booze. Alcohol is always present in all the social gatherings in the colleges.
It is observed that the average college students consume more alcohol that their out of school counterparts which can be attributed to the culture and widespread use in campuses.
Booze is drunk by four out of five college pupils.
Data suggests that almost 50 percent of students who consume alcohol have indulged in binge drinking once or many times more. Binge drinking causes severe health damage over a period of time, but it also contributes to immediate mishaps like accidents and violent fights. Discover more helpful information about excessive alcohol use and its effects on students and college campuses.
Fraternity And Sorority Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Drinking and overuse in the Greek system is more widespread than it is among pupils outside the system despite fraternities and sororities trying to form a familiar surrounding for college students to attain academic and philanthropic goals.
Members of a Greek system abuse drugs more than other students.
Getting The Assistance Required For Dependency On Drugs Or Alcohol
Don't go through harsh times alone if you are a college pupil having troubles with heavy drinking, prescription drug overuse, or an unhealthy eating behaviour. You can trust our experts to assist you in finding experienced counsellors to help you get out of your addiction. We invite you to contact us on 0800 772 3971 so that we can help you get over your addiction and reclaim your life.