Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. A lot of places have 30 day programs. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
Though there's not a cure for dependency, it can be dealt with successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What If I Relapse?
A relapse is not a failure but a challenge to confront and overcome during the journey to recovery. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. While rehab can help you learn how to cope and build the necessary skills to stay sober, you are the only person who can manage your addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Fixation restoration projects can shift significantly in cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- Facilities offered - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Length of program - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Geographical Area - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- Sort of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. The costs of addiction are many
- The cost of medications
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal fines and fees
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
Because it is a completely different environment, patients can focus fully on their recovery without worrying about outside temptations from friends and family.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. Such a centre tends to be a great solution for people with fairly less serious or short-term dependencies, not as much time, or obligations at home/work that can't be ignored.
Outpatient projects can change. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
You can contact us on 0800 772 3971 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
To use a substance whilst on the job is a legal reason for dismissal, though there are various federal regulations guarding your right to get treatment. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. Options available
- Employee Assistance Program An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehab Centres There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Luxury centres commonly offer more holistic treatments, gourmet meals, and innovative therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 772 3971 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.