Learn About Stimulants
To get a better performance some athletes and students appeal to the use of Stimulants. Moreover, they are used recreationally.
Stimulants function by acting on the central nervous system to increase alertness and cognitive function. Stimulants may be prescription drugs or the prohibited substances like Cocaine. Injection, snorting and oral ingestion are common ways of taking Stimulants.
Get assistance now, if you have a Stimulants addiction. Seek out treatment today call 0800 772 3971 .
Prescription Stimulants Brand Names
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy and sometimes obesity are treated with the assistance of prescription Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the most common prescription Stimulants. The consequences of overusing both kinds of Stimulants are almost identical, even when they are very different at a molecular level. According to the necessary lasting and power in each patient, the amphetamines and methylphenidates are ordered by doctors.
Some of the most well-known prescription Stimulants include
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine - is most commonly used to treat ADHD and has been on the market for American consumers since 1976.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- The Air force in order to keep the pilots alert and awake longer during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was also used for treating ADHD and narcolepsy in youngsters and was approved by the FDA in 1995.
- This is another variant of the Stimulants called Methylphenidate which is different from Dexedrine and Adderall.
- Although Methylphenidates have the similar Stimulants effects as Amphetamines, they have a different molecular structure.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- It possesses a different energy and time of effect but it's a methylphenidate like Ritalin.
- Desoxyn - a methamphetamine used under order.
- This drug was the first used to treat obesity and has been around since 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - Is popularly used as an appetite suppressant and bronchodilator for those with asthma, it has similar effects to other Stimulants.
- This drug was accessible over the counter and has become an ingredient to illicit meth laboratory.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Effects Of Abusing Stimulants
Thanks to the fact that this type of substance tends to develop a dependency they are a Schedule II drug according to the Controlled Substance Act. Prescription Stimulants are abused by nearly 900,000 Americans every month.
Below are some immediate effects of Stimulants to the body
- Loss of urge to eat
- Feeling energetic
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. The data shows more athletes and students are abusing this drug to significantly improve their capacity to perform.
Dopamine has a feel-good effect on the body and Stimulants cause an increase in its production. The body loses its normal capacity to produce this hormone or neurotransmitter with prolonged use of Stimulants. The addiction will come thanks to the need of producing dopamine and feel its effect.
Cocaine, crack, and crystal meth are the most commonly known Stimulants and are commonly abused. These illicit derivatives create similar effects as the prescription drugs.