Painkiller Addiction Definition
In America, prescription pain relievers are some of the most addictive drugs. There are millions of painkiller prescriptions spread all around the country. Many users who previously consumed painkiller as prescribed, have developed addiction towards the drug.
An individual's recommended portion can herald a dependency on analgesics. Painkillers are one of the most endorsed medications in America. It is one of the biggest reason for huge number of compulsion they create blissful state of mind to the user and thus develop a brisk reliance to the drug. It is important to locate a treatment centre that is correct for you so call 0800 772 3971 today.
Corporeal reliance and mental obligation to use a substance delineate an addiction. when someone abuses painkillers for a while, their body will be dependant on drugs.
Disuse signs and resilience level characterize carnal reliance. Cravings, or psychological compulsion, imply that the addicted individual will take the drug no matter what harm it will cause.
Data On Analgesic Dependence
You may be surprised by the fact that addiction to prescribed painkiller a general issue that we are facing in the society.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse has some frightening data on analgesic misuse.
Professional assistance is within your reach if you or a loved one is addicted to analgesics. With a strong resolve, one can get over an addiction to analgesics and other related substances.
Frequently Used Analgesics
- Codeine belongs to opiates but is less potent than other ones; easily available with a prescription, codeine is used for relieving cough and pain, from mild to moderate.
- Codeine is popular with young abusers, who combine it with sweet drinks, making a mix called sizzurp or purple drank.
- While codeine is considered as a substitute drug, it can also cause pretty dangerous effects.
- Darvocet/ Darvon - This is a drug formulated using propoxyphene as the active ingredient, a lot of people died from the use of this drug and many others critically in hospitals though the drug has recently been prohibited by the FDA.
- These highly addictive medications, as well as other similar ones, may still remain in illegal use.
- Demerol This drug is prescribed for treating moderate to severe amount of pain. It is less prescribed than any other pain killers because it holds high potential to cause an addiction.
- Demerol is actually the brand name. The drug is called meperidine and cause euphoria which is similar to morphine effect.
- Dilaudid Also "doctor's "hospital grade heroin," and is classified as an effective opioid painkiller.
- Dilaudid is available in extended-release pills and is particularly risky for users lacking a opioid tolerance because abuse can rapidly cause breathing difficulties or even death.
- Fentanyl A synthetic painkiller 100 times powerful and addictive as morphine, fentanyl is only used to treat serious agony when patient becomes intolerant to opioids.
- if utilized along with different painkillers including heroin, fentanyl can rapidly prompt to overdose and result in various risky symptoms.
- Hydrocodone As a fundamental part of various effective painkillers, hydrocodone can be found in medications, for example, Vicodin and Norco.
- Hydrocodone is mostly combined with acetaminophen or ibuprofen. However, FDA has now allowed the use of pure hydrocodone.
- All of them are addictive indeed.
- Methadone - It is an opioid that is used to alleviate moderate to serious pain and to control cravings of users who are dependent to other opiates such as heroin.
- It might be used to wean individuals from depending on other drugs, but methadone remains within a long list of highly addictive substances.
- Morphine - This is a very powerful drug, and for thousands of people bearing some grave painful sensation, morphine is heart warming.
- It leads to a substantial number of accidental drug-related deaths across the country and is one of the most addictive drugs.
- Oxycodone This drug is sold under a number of brand names, e.g. Percocet and OxyContin; oxycodone is among the most addictive prescription medications.
- Oxycodone is the most prescribed painkillers and has cause many addictions.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Finding The Right Treatment For Persons Addicted To Painkillers
Being addicted to painkillers is very destructive, risky, and expensive. If you or your loved one is battling with this kind of dependence, huge number of individuals /rehabs are available to effectively treat your addiction and related complications. Selecting a good addiction treatment facility will enable you to overbear your addiction to painkiller and regain control over your life. Several treatment centres with trained addiction counsellors and successful therapy programs are available. We can assist you to locate a treatment facility that will help you beat your addiction to pain relievers while taking into account your budget, individual requirements and whereabouts.